April 27, 2014

District Blitz 2014

This weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to got to District Blitz with my youth group.  The speaker, DA Horton, spoke the Truth of God's unfailing love, freedom, and hope.  Tim Neufeld & the Hallelujah Glory Boys (the lead singer for the band Starfield) led us as we worshiped our Lord with over 3,000 others.  (The MCs, Mike & Nate, were hilarious!)  

Our prayer is that this weekend wasn't a mountain-top experience, but a learning experience that changes our lives forever.  God was (and is) working specifically in my life, as well as the lives of others.  It's so humbling that He would do that and even let me be a part of it!  The Lord is awesome in the truest sense of the word.

Here's a summary I wrote on Saturday night.  :)

"We are set free... It is for freedom that we are set free!" We've been singing this wonderful truth all weekend!! In Christ alone, we are free! Nothing compares to the freedom & fulfillment that comes through Jesus. It's time to be done seeking praise & affirmation from others, because there's only One who is truly Worthy of praise. His Love cannot be earned, but it can be accepted & shared. I'm praising my Father that hope does not disappoint. It does not put us to shame. It is the anchor for our souls. #DB14

2 comments:

  1. District blitz was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, I enjoyed it as well! God started some amazing works that He will be faithful to complete!

    ReplyDelete

Share an idea, thought, or anything that's on your mind... I'd love to hear from you!