December 04, 2013

1,000 Gifts // Ways God Loves

I am on a journey, challenging myself.  Actively looking to see, like the blind man who asked Jesus for sight: "What do you want me to do for you?" Jesus asked him.  The blind man said, "Rabbi, I want to see (Mark 10:51)."  To find joy in the homework and the snow and the fact that it is dark outside before five o'clock.  To see the gifts God has provided in abundance and give thanks for all the ways that He loves.  Eucharisteo.

"The root of eucharisteo is charis, meaning "grace." Jesus took the bread and saw it as grace and gave thanks [Luke 22:19].  He took the bread and knew it to be a gift and gave thanks… Eucharisteo, thanksgiving, envelopes the Greek word, charis.  But it also its derivavtive, the Greek word chara, meaning "joy."  Ann Voskamp, author of "1.000 Gifts"

I've typed and deleted a few sentences that were competing for this line and none of them won.  Anyways, to sum it up, I'm looking for the crazy grace around me and poured onto me by the Father of the heavenly lights.  I love that verse (James 1:17).  Every single good thing is from God himself, the Father of heaven and light, Who does not change like shifting shadows!  I'm looking for 1,000 (even though a notebook filled couldn't hold them all) gifts.

Think about it…  Just try to wrap your mind around the graces and gifts.  It's impossible, isn't it?  The Bible tells us that we will never fully understand, but we keep searching for more and more.  Once you get a taste- even just a drop- of God's glory, you want more and you seek it more than silver or gold or anything else.  And God gives it to us, He really does!  God isn't dead, He's not just looking down at us from heaven, He's alive!

So, consider joining me and everyone else across the globe who's decided to look everywhere for God and His grace!  Just in time for Christmas- Jesus, the most amazing and grace-overflowing gift of all!

2 comments:

  1. Great reminder, Amy, that He is crazy about us and delights in blessing us. God's grace is everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Share an idea, thought, or anything that's on your mind... I'd love to hear from you!