April 07, 2013

I (finally;) finished reading "Kisses from Katie" a few days ago... God had been working in me before this, but Katie's story told me a lot about God's heart.  I learned a lot!

This January/February, my mom and I were going to go to Haiti, but long story short... we didn't go because not enough people joined the team.  I was sad and honestly a little confused.  Why would God give me "green lights", only to have me not go?  I don't know why!  I do know that God's plan is so far above mine and He has so much more for me than I could ever imagine.  So I trust in Him :)  Maybe it was because God wanted me to learn/grow more, and to realize what Jesus and God's word says about loving the least of these.  I'm glad God is in control, because I have been learning and realizing!

Anyways, through Katie Davis' story- but mainly God, I learned what the Bible really says about serving.  
In John 25:15-18, Jesus constantly asks Simon Peter if he loves him.  He keeps saying, "Yes, Lord, you know I do."  Jesus always replies. "Then feed my sheep."  Maybe it's just me, but I don't believe that Jesus is talking about literal sheep.  He's talking about his people!  
Matthew 25:40 says that whatever we do for the least of these, we do for Jesus Christ.  
Ephesians 3:7-9 tells me that we're given grace to preach the endless riches of Christ.  
Matthew 28:19-20 plainly states that as believers and followers, we are to go and make disciples of all nations!  That verse also promises that God will be with us the whole time.  
Psalm 96:3 says to declare God's glories and mercies among the nations.  
In John 15:12 and 13:34, we are told to love as He has loved us.  
James 1:27 tells us that God desires for us to care for widows and orphans.
In Luke 18:24-29 Jesus says that to follow him, we must count everything else as nothing compared to him.
That's what I want to do.  Those words are a call to my heart.  They tell me to go, give, follow Jesus, and love.  

Love.  How do you tell someone about the eternal love of Jesus if they have never been loved?  You love them! Remember John 15:12 and 13:34?  Love as He has loved us.  There are 147 million orphans in the world.  26,000 kids will die today because of starvation and preventable diseases.  Does anyone love them? Does anyone care for them?  I want to go love them, help them, love others, and help others.  I want to feed His sheep!

The Bible also tells us that if we love God, we will obey Him.  I want to be obedient.  Through God, I will be obedient.

Where is God leading me??  If only I knew :)  I do know what God's word tells me to do.  I know what God tells me to do.  I know what Jesus says to those who want to follow him.  I know  that I want to follow him- not just go in that general direction, but to walk in the footsteps of Jesus Christ.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share an idea, thought, or anything that's on your mind... I'd love to hear from you!