March 11, 2013

Remember This



‎"Remember this: Had any other condition been better for you than the one in which you are, divine Love would have put you there." --Charles Spurgeon
Trust that God has you right where He wants you.  I'm not saying that you should never spend time in the Word or with other believers... That's very important and necessary.  What I mean (and what Charles meant) was that as you surrender everything to the Lord, He will direct you towards His perfect path for your life. 
Go get a piece of paper and a pen.  Actually get up and find a piece of paper.  I'll wait :) Got the pen and paper? Good!  Write down at least 10 specific things that you are thankful for in your life right now.  This list can include simple joys or miracles God has been blessing you with, but write at least 10 (yes, you can write more than 10!).
I'll show you my list to get you started:
  1. My amazing & jealous Lord,
  2. fellowship with believers in small groups,
  3. the reminder of Philippians 4:4,
  4. a personal glimpse of how much Jesus loves us, 
  5. winter sunshine that melts the snow,
  6. the promise that spring is coming,
  7. my loving family,
  8. my sweet, Jesus-following friends,
  9. listening to Chris Tomlin & Kari Jobe sing "Crown Him" on repeat, 
  10. and having something to write about on this blog.
Now share yours!  Put it in a common place so you'll see often, and let it be a reminder
- to find the joy in all circumstances,
- that God's plan for you is so much better than yours, 
- and to let Him move you where He wants you to go.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post, Amy! I am so thankful to God for you! You are definitely on my list, way up high!

    ReplyDelete

Share an idea, thought, or anything that's on your mind... I'd love to hear from you!